javascript:void(0)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cowboy Sunrise



This was one my early favorites. I was hiking in the desert south of Tucson when I observed a cowboy riding over the ridgeline. Noticing the dazzling sunrise above him, I quickly focused on the rider and snapped a few as he rode by. I still love this photo to do this day. The depth of the contrast, the sharpness of the outline of the rider and his horse, and the mesquite horizon all came together to make what I thought was a great shot.

Them cowboys are up and at 'em at an early hour!

4 comments:

pe1biv said...

It really is a great shot!

Jacqueline & Angela

Anonymous said...

stunning photo

alan said...

Ought to be a postcard or a license plate...

alan

Eireanne said...

And it makes a great, symbolic masthead for the page, too.

And it is true--t'ain't nothing so good for the insides of a gal as the outsides of a horse.